Juvenile Justice Programming
OMNI has differentiated itself by successfully working with service recipients who are from communities or populations that are often overlooked or underserved, such as youth who are referred to us from the local police and/or court system. From the first offender to the serious habitual offender, these youth leave OMNI with life skills that help them turn their lives around. Our Juvenile Justice programs help youth develop the skills necessary to make better life choices by emphasizing accountability, the reconciliation of past wrongs, community safety and the development of emotional, social and cognitive skills.
Juvenile Justice programs include:
- Gang Prevention/Intervention: OMNI offers a gang intervention group focusing on building life skills and problem-solving strategies with the goal of reducing gang affiliation and/or violent behavior.
- Peer Jury: The Peer Jury program places first-time juvenile offenders who admit to committing non-violent crimes before a panel of local teenage volunteers who determine appropriate actions that will repair the harm to the community. These actions include community service, written papers and letters of apology. This youth development program provides teens the opportunity to volunteer and train to become a juror, gain leadership and communication skills and increase their community awareness and play an important role in making their communities better.
- Crossroads: This multi-level group counseling program uses a limit and lead approach to help eliminate disruptive, delinquent and destructive behaviors and replace them with pro-social behaviors, responsible thinking and caring emotions. The counselor is responsible for modeling appropriate behavior and demonstrating that one can attain positive goals through hard work. This group also confronts peers’ negative behaviors and praises positive accomplishments. Crossroads consists of three gender-specifics levels of treatment:
- First Step – Creating a context for change
- Pathways – Challenging patterns and expanding possibilities
- Transitions – Consolidating changes for sustained success
For more info, please contact our Customer Care Specialist at (847) 353-1500.